Job Code: 361
Reports To: Program Manager
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. 50% time (20 hours/week). Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Lead Case Manager is responsible for providing case management services to substance abusing individuals primarily in South LA. The candidate will be knowledgeable about interventions for treating drug and alcohol problems and awareness of D/A treatment access. He/she will have knowledge of women’s specific recovery issues, pregnant and postpartum women’s barriers to addressing substance abuse, and basic knowledge of social, behavioral and medical SA treatment modalities. Basic knowledge of harm reduction strategies, care management and counseling, and linkage to social/medical services in the target area. The Lead Case Manager is responsible for providing direct services to JWCH’s pregnant and postpartum women in residential SA treatment and assists to the Program Manager.
- Provide targeted Substance Abuse (SA) Case Management (CM) services to low income pregnant and postpartum women (PPW);
- Assist to coordinate outreach and recruitment to the target population;
- Collect, report and manage aggregate and individual client data;
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team, including, but not limited to medical, mental health, behavioral health, and other professionals;
- Participate in case conference/clinical supervision sessions with multi-disciplinary team;
- Maintain documentation of all client contacts and assist in preparing timely reports subject to review and evaluation of internal and external stakeholders
- Assist staff that provides facilitation of SA treatment support, PRIME Solutions/Seeking Safety, and other group level interventions specific to PPW;
- Track children’s services provided by SSG;
- Maintain contract and HIPAA compliance as indicated by SAMHSA/State guidelines;
- Prepare monthly and annual reports as required by SAMHSA/State;
- Conduct monthly quality assurance activities, including chart audits;
- assist in training volunteers and staff, as needed;
- Attend community planning, taskforce, and staff meetings, as required or scheduled;
- Assist in event coordination, planning and implementation, as indicated;
- Assist with marketing campaigns for promotion/recruitment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- BS or BA degree in Public Health or a health/human service field or three (3) years equivalent experience.
- Experience working with women in low SES.
- Current SA treatment knowledge.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheet (MS Excel) programs.
- Understanding and experience implementing HIV health educational risk reduction curriculum.
- Experience in a lead role for case management services for PPW.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
1910 W. Sunset Boulevard, Suite 650
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 361
Fax Number (213) 413-3443