Job Code: 364
Reports To: Program Manager
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. 100% time (40 hours/week). Non-Exempt.
Position Purpose: The Certified Substance Abuse Counselor participates as a member of a team which provides substance abuse counseling to homeless and dual diagnosed patients.
- Provide client assessment as needed to determine appropriate program planning and implementation of agency services.
- Utilize the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) as the primary tool for client programmatic planning.
- Conduct individual counseling sessions to as assigned caseload of substance abuse clients.
- Act as a facilitator of substance abuse related group sessions.
- Maintain accurate client files in accordance with program guidelines.
- Assist with coordinating outreach activities.
- Interface with outside agencies and the judicial system relative to registered clients.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of, and sensitively for the needs of our clients.
- Submits regular written client status reports to Program Director.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work/Social Welfare, Psychology, Marriage Family and Child Counseling or Certified Counselor with one (1) year experience.
- Work experience as a substance abuse counselor.
- Must have valid California drivers license, proof of insurance and excellent driving record.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Perform multiple tasks while demonstrating the ability to work within a team structure.
- Bilingual capabilities in English and Spanish preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
1910 W. Sunset Boulevard, Suite 650
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 364
Fax Number (213) 413-3443