Job Code: 363
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer / Psychiatrist / Designee
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. 100% time (40 hours/week). Exempt.
Position Purpose: The position provides psychosocial assessments, identifies issues/problems such as social, emotional, maturational, cultural, financial, and/or legal followed by implementation of suitable interventions. The position will also provide appropriate assistance in completing applications, referrals, counseling to enable patients to utilize a variety of health and social services benefits programs at JWCH Institute, Inc. /Wesley Health Centers sites.
- Elicits and/or reviews client histories in accordance with standards.
- Provides direct client services by providing counseling and therapy to address problems such as social, emotional, maturational, cultural, financial, and/or legal followed by implementation of suitable interventions.
- Provides information and education related to client care and treatment, as indicated.
- Establish rapport with clients, which expresses concern for their well-being.
- Compare, interpret, and contrast benefit options to maximize any and all benefits that the patient will apply.
- Provides supervision to staff and patients on an on-going basis to maintain current benefits and resolve any benefit issues.
- Provides supervision to staff with patients in identifying and coordinating the implementation of entitlement resources and benefits applications.
- Completes all necessary reports, including 1022 forms for patient benefits.
- Works closely with patients, case managers, and psychiatrist to acquire documents, complete assessments and submit comprehensive documentation for benefits processing.
- Maintains all required applications and forms for benefits processing.
- Maintains patient’s case file of benefit documents. Monitors patient’s existing benefits for eligibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker license.
- Strong communication skills,
- Ability to establish rapport with individuals.
- Extensive knowledge of SSI and MediCare benefit application process.
- Computer literate with MS Word and data base management skills.
- Ability to travel from site to site.
- Evidence of recent education in homeless related services.
- Experience in outpatient clinic setting working with low income and/or homeless individuals
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability (Preferred)
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
1910 W. Sunset Boulevard, Suite 650
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 363
Fax Number (213) 413-3443