Job Code: 404
Reports To: Clinic Administrator/ Designee
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. 100% time (40 hours/week). Non-exempt.
Under the supervision of the Clinic Administrator / Designee, the Medical Assistant is responsible for eligibility screening of clients, reception area duties, responding to client questions and providing information to clients.
- Complete patient forms and elicit information for patient history.
- Obtain specimens for diagnostic testing in accord with standardized protocols and procedures.
- Complete initial patient assessment, triage, and taking vital signs in accord with standardized protocols and procedures.
- Assist in providing patient referrals and maintaining a log book.
- Review charts for completion of necessary forms and directives.
- Order educational materials, all necessary forms medical and office supplies as needed.
- Assist the medical staff during the exam.
- Collect and input data for reporting purposes.
- Assist in billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved medical assistant program in the state of California.
- CPR Certificate. Training may be provided.
- Phlebotomy certificate.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Two years medical office/clinic experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 404
Fax Number (213) 413-3443