Job Code: 418
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer/Designee
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. 100% time (40 hours/week). Exempt.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer or designated supervisor, the position is responsible for medical management (psychiatry) of assigned caseload of patients at the clinic. The position collaborates with the Chief Medical Officer or as described in the established protocol. Has psychiatric responsibility on primary care team. Position reports to physician team leader responsible for primary care teams.
- Provides psychiatric diagnosis and treatment to indigent primary care patients.
- Complete physical, mental, and neurological examination of assigned patients.
- Provides consultation to the nurses and clinical staff.
- Consults with chief medical officer regarding work performance of nurse practitioners and nurses.
- Consults training or assist in training of medical students, interns, residents, nurse practitioners and other related health professionals.
- Coordinates psychiatric (medical) care of assigned patients at hospital.
- Consults with other staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding medical management of patients and quality of medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Confers with chief medical officer on management issues.
- Prescribes medications for the treatment of physical or psychological disorders.
- Confers on the planning and direction of the primary care team as it relates to the physician’s specialty.
- Participates in medical and services utilization audits, peer review and quality assurance activities.
- Current California Physician & Surgeon License.
- Current DEA Certificate.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Board Certification.
- Ability to travel from site to site as needed.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 418
Fax Number (323) 215-0170