Job Code: 424
Reports To: Nursing Manager/Designee
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. 100% time (40 hours/week). Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: The Clinic Nurse will participate as a member of a team providing quality nursing care to patients in a preventive health care setting.
- Conducts triage for all walk-in patients; including vital signs and complete assessments.
- Conducts telephone triage via the Call-Center following the proper policies and procedures.
- Completes TB screenings/readings and documentation.
- Administers oral, IM, SC, and SL medications as needed.
- Assists the Medical Providers with procedures as necessary
- I.V. placement and monitoring; including the infusion of I.V. fluids as ordered by the Provider.
- Monitors acutely ill patients until they are stable for transport to hospital or until paramedics arrive.
- Takes patient complaints. Follows appropriate procedures in resolving any complaint.
- Provides patient education and teaching. Schedules patient hospital or doctors (specialist) appointment, if necessary.
- Assigns daily nursing duties. Identifies and corrects patient flow deficiencies.
- Organizes and maintains dispensary medication inventory; to include removing expired medications and packaging them for proper disposal.
- Preparation and dispensing of all medications as ordered by the Provider; to include the completion of dispensed medication labels.
- Orders medical supplies as needed.
- Collaborates with the Clinic Administrator and assists with the continuing improvement of systematic functions.
- Develops and monitors the communication network between the Medical Director, back office staff, social workers, providers, and other staff outside of network to improve continuity of care and to avoid conflicting information conveyed to patients regarding their medical plan of care.
- Educates, trains and motivates back office staff to their highest potential by identifying areas of educational and training needs for each individual.
- Monitors and maintains adherence to the Nursing Training Manual and Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as required by the program and/or clinic.
- Licensed by the State of California to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- CPR on an annual basis. Training may be provided.
- At least one year experience in an ambulatory care setting.
- Experience working with patients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Able to travel between sites.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 424
Fax Number (323) 215-0170