Job Code: 436
Reports To: Clinic Administrator
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. 100% time (40 hours/week). Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: The enrollment specialist will conduct brief health education/awareness and outreach contacts and encounters. Will educate potential clients about health coverage programs, enroll clients into the appropriate coverage programs, assist with applications, and provide follow-up to ensure enrollment, utilization, and retention.
- Perform group and individual outreach to explain JWCH’s Clinical services
- Perform outreach to explain Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, Healthy Kids, Healthy Way LA and other health care options available to adult and children. These activities will take place in multiple settings such as our Clinic sites, head starts, schools, churches, CBOs, homeless shelters, health fairs and other places.
- Assist children and their families using a comprehensive approach including: in reach and outreach to target members and assistance with the application process.
- Follow up to confirm enrollment, encourage the utilization of health insurance benefits and services
- Assistance for members experiencing difficulties (e.g., enrollment troubleshooting and advocacy on behalf of the family, barriers to enrollment, utilization and retention) and offer retention assistance.
- Assist families in enrolling for health care services and in the utilization and retention of said services.
- Make sure that prenatal patients and their newborns are enrolled in Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, and other health care options available.
- Assist CHDP – Gateway patients to receive all the services available them.
- Presentations to community members and other CBO's regarding Medi-Cal, Healthy Kids, Healthy Families, Healthy Way LA and other health care options.
- Conduct outreach at Health fairs and other places where people congregate.
- Maintain records, logs, signing sheets, and other documentation required to track compliance and evaluate program performance.
- Plan and conduct outreach activities in the field
- Plan and conduct orientation meetings, trainings, workshops, and other outreach/informational events for child care providers, schools, and community based programs, shelters, churches and other venues.
- Work during evenings and weekends when assigned
- Assist supervisor with any especial tasks or events, including, but not limited to trainings, workshops, special mailings and the reproduction of materials.
- Attend outside meetings.
- This position requires field work.
- Prepare program reports
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one year of experience in health care outreach and enrollment
- Certified Application Assistant (CAA)
- Fluent in English/Spanish
- Strong computer skills
- Current valid California Driver License and Insurance Certificate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Current California Driver License with liability insurance and ability to drive to and from program sites.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 436
Fax Number (323) 215-0170