Job Code: 446
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. 100% time (40 hours/week). Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: To assist the Program Coordinator / Designee in implementing the Healthy Alternatives to Reducing the Risk for HIV Infection Program (H.A.R.R.P) by recruiting clients for and conducting risk assessments and educational sessions to homeless individuals in the Downtown Skid Row area.
- Identifies and outreaches to clients to participate in H.A.R.R.P. behavior change program.
- Shares personal information to clients during the H.A.R.R.P HIV/AIDS behavior change sessions that reinforces positive lifestyle changes.
- Participates with homeless individuals in the ongoing reinforcement of various prevention skills taught in the classes.
- Implements the H.A.R.R.P curriculum at various outreach sites.
- Assists Health Education Coordinator in compiling program data.
- Provides direct emotional and educational social support to clients and motivate individuals to change their high-risk behaviors.
- Participates in ongoing trainings, as indicated.
- Performs other duties, as needed.
- Strong ability to develop positive relationship with clients living in temporary housing (e.g. shelter; mission; hotel or substance abuse recovery facility).
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with homeless; mentally ill and/or substance abusing adults as well as professional staff.
- Access to transportation to and from office and all program related sites.
- Reliability in performance of job duties; Timely arrival at all sessions.
- Experience working with homeless population.
- Successfully completed and received certification from the H.A.R.R.P Behavior Change Program.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 446
Fax Number (323) 215-0170