Job Code: 465
Reports To: Program Manager / Designee
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. (100% time - 40 hours per week.) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: The LVN participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team that provides primary care health services to patients at the Wesley Health Centers-Vermont.
- Initial patient assessment, triage, and vital signs.
- Obtains specimens of patient’s blood for diagnostic testing by means of venipuncture or skin puncture in accordance with standardized protocols and procedures.
- Prepares blood samples and forwards all blood specimens drawn to appropriate laboratory for analysis.
- Recognizes the need for emergency care; initiates life saving action in emergencies and alerts the nurse in-charge or physician.
- Obtains and provides information on patients at change of shift briefings with nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient education.
- Provides case management services.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Current California LVN License.
- At least one (1) year experience in an ambulatory care setting.
- Training program and certification in venipuncture.
- Bicultural and bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 465
Fax Number (323) 215-0170