Job Code: 468
Reports To: Program Coordinator / Designee
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. (100% time - 40 hours per week.) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the MCC Program Coordinator, the Registered Nurse shall serve as a RN Case Manager who coordinates with all parties involved in the medical care of the patient (interdisciplinary team, patient, family, and significant others) to provide the most effective care and treatment for people living with HIV/AIDS. This position formulates care plans based upon assessment data and provision of care priorities, in collaboration with the Clinical Social Worker. The RN Case Manager coordinates patient care and collaborates with other health care team members to establish the patients' goals, develop treatment plans, and obtain desired outcomes. Modifies plans of care based on reassessment findings and specific patient care needs and changes in the medical treatment plan including clinical pathways as appropriate. The RN Case Manager recognizes change in patient status and takes timely and appropriate intervention; provides patient education based on identified learning needs utilizing available teaching resources; communicates identified needs to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provide targeted HIV and chronic disease Case Management (CM) Services to low income populations;
- Coordinate recruitment to People living with HIV/AIDS;
- Conduct comprehensive medical assessment in tandem with Case Worker and Patient Care Manager;
- Case conference with medical provider, as appropriate;
- Continuously document client progress in achieving medical, behavioral, and other goals;
- Collect, report and manage aggregate and individual client data using CaseWatch;
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team, including, but not limited to medical, behavioral health, and other health services;
- Maintain documentation of all client contacts and assist in preparing reports
- Participate in Staff Meetings and trainings
- Maintain contract and HIPAA compliance as indicated by DHSP guidelines;
- Provide clients with referrals as appropriate;
- Conduct follow up with clients per clinical assessment and referrals;
- Perform quality improvement activities per contract/agency policy (i.e, patient satisfaction surveys);
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed in good standing in the State of California as a Registered Nurse.
- RN licensure and three (3) years HIV clinical practice experience and relevant experience within the scope of their licensure (based on the standards of the discipline).
- Current HIV/AIDS and STI’s knowledge and trained in HIV counseling.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheet (MS Excel) programs.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Be organized and able to maintain client files, charts and test results;
- Have strong quality management skills, ensure compliance with all guidelines and regulations;
- Is trained in co-morbidities: HIV, STDs, Hepatitis and Tuberculosis transmission and treatment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understands and has experience maintaining confidential information, and understanding Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements and be certified in HIPAA compliance.
- Maintain excellent oral communication skills, ability to build rapport with clients (i.e., customer service skills, open ended questions) and talk openly about sex and sexual risk taking behaviors.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 468
Fax Number (323) 215-0170