Job Code: 467
Reports To: Program Coordinator / Designee
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. (100% time - 40 hours per week.) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the Sr. Community Health Worker is responsible for conducting HIV/AIDS as well as STD screenings inclusive of Syphilis, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. The target demographic is for at-risk MSM at the Bath-Houses around Los Angeles County. Additionally, the Sr. Community Health Worker will conduct outreach/recruitment for various projects and programs within the community.
- Provide targeted HIV/AIDS Health Education/Risk Reduction and STD Testing Services.
- Adhere to HIV Counseling and Testing policies and procedures.
- Implement data collection tools and collect data, as indicated.
- Develops behavior change plans with clients during HIV/STD screening session.
- Ability to follow Linkage Protocol and Link Clients into Care successfully.
- Attends community and staff meetings, as scheduled.
- Participates in JWCH trainings and advisory committee meetings, as scheduled.
- Conducts Inventory for Testing Supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS or BA degree in Public Health or a health/human service field or two (2) years equivalent experience.
- Current HIV/AIDS and STI’s knowledge and certification as an HIV Testing counselor.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheet (MS Excel) programs.
- Valid California Driver License and reliable transportation in order to drive to Bathhouses and surrounding communities.
- Phlebotomy Certification
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus;
- Experience providing guidance and counseling for persons at risk of HIV/STD infection;
- Experience understanding Bathhouse culture;
- Experience working with MSM.
- Insti/Clearview /Finger Stick Proficiency Certification
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 467
Fax Number (323) 215-0170