Job Code: 475
Program/Department: Recuperative Care: Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK) Supportive Housing Services Program
Reports To: Residence Manager
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. (100% time - 40 hours per week.) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: The Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring facility and outdoor patio area cleanliness in a manner that upholds the JWCH mission to improve the health status and well-being of under-served segments of the population of Los Angeles County through the direct provision of health care, health education, services, and research. This position will ensure smooth and consistent facility and residence operations.
- Performs job functions as prescribed by job description, established policies, and agency/facility procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities
- Clean areas in kitchenettes and dining room and empty trash cans in preparation for meal service
- Accept delivery of food, including sign off and inventory to ensure that full order has arrived
- Clean off all trays and set up a serving assembly line
- Refer to special diet chart and be aware of all special diet needs
- Ensure that all clients with special diets are served the proper meals
- Dispose of any leftovers from previous day in refrigerator and clean off shelves inside
- At breakfast, put lunch order in refrigerator
- Look at expiration dates for milk and use oldest cartons first
- Inspect temperature for hot and cold food when it arrives
- Inspect temperature for refrigerator and ensure proper temperature is maintained
- Prepare inventory sheet to assist with food service supply ordering
- Clean the staff lounge by sweeping floors, wiping counters, refrigerator, and microwaves
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness in the community dining room, including cleaning spills, sweeping, mopping, and wiping tables and chairs
- Responsible for cleanliness of all equipment related to foo
- Supports ongoing quality assurance and improvement activities
- Assists with staff training to ensure high quality facility operations
- Assists with efforts to assess and improve patient satisfaction regarding facility services
- Participates in and assists with professional development activities
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality for all documents that contain patient identifier information,
- Observes and respects confidentiality of information in regards to clients and fellow employees.
- Responsibility and accountability for adherence to organizational and department standards and policy.
- Observes department and contract guidelines concerning coverage, absences, investigations, and other reports in accordance with agency procedures,
- Self-identifies and supports a system for staff to identify potentially unsafe systems/processes/situations and takes initiative to ensure problem solving with appropriate response that is clearly documented
- Observes department guidelines to conduct personal business during breaks and lunch hour,
- Projects a positive professional image, adheres to organizational dress code, and ensures that all staff follows guidelines
- Minimum 1 year of experience in facility housekeeping service
- Ability to communicate effectively
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 475
Fax Number (323) 215-0170