Job Code: 479
Program/Department: Human Resources Department
Reports To: Chief Administrative Officer
Salary Range: Starting salary based on experience, qualifications and budget. (100% time - 40 hours per week.) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer the Recruiter achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; visiting professional schools and job fairs; and marketing agency.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, professional schools, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules; arranges travel, lodging, and meals; escorting applicant to interviews; arranging community tours.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Maintains a calendar of events, locations, and appointments need to meet objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Recruiting experience.
- Experience in managing applicant data bases and knowledge of applicable computer applications.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to travel from site to site.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 479
Fax Number (323) 215-0170