Job Code: 484
Program/Department: Primary Care Clinics
Reports To: Director of Operations/ Designee
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under limited supervision, the EHR Trainer is responsible for the review and input of medical data into the NextGen system. The EHR trainer is responsible for the training of clinical information systems that assist clinicians in the delivery of patient care. The EHR Trainer serves as an advocate of management in promoting the use of information technology in the clinical setting. The EHR Trainer works closely with the Director of IT, Director of Operations, and EHR Project Manager to deliver high quality training and training materials in support of clinical decision support.
- Develops the EHR training modules for all entities.
- Develop a working knowledge of all applications within the organization and be the main point of contact for end users.
- Implement training sessions for new software applications for end users as well as monitoring attendance and preparing reports based on participation by users. Training will be performed in both the Classroom and the employee’s work site. This will require travel to all sites to assist end users with software design and implementation.
- Act as a liaison between the IT department, sites, and software vendors regarding specific software product issues
- Responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and testing new and existing software applications
- Provides routine status and project reports to management and co-workers as needed.
- Work closely with the EHR Project Manager to establish training schedule across all entities.
- Responsible for the documentation of necessary training methods and application processes.
- Collaborate with Clinic Administrators to schedule and implement user trainings in the usage and maintenance of software applications. Assist in process design changes for these applications.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of EHR system NextGen Trainer Experience.
- Minimum one year of work experience, ideally in a health care setting; Ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for various assigned projects and tasks.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to significant matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with people with different backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to focus on detail.
- Ability to complete projects with tight deadlines and time constraints.
- Skills necessary to obtain EHR -certified trainer-level knowledge and complete understanding of the latest version of the EHR application.
- Solid understanding of the implementation process and the various interdependencies between operations and technology both internal and external.
- Proficient in the following Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, and Word; proficiency with PowerPoint.
- Strong ability to identify potential issues and participate in their resolution.
- Excellent problem solving and investigative skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- General operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet applications, e-mail, applications, and data entry.
- Work is performed in a busy office environment and requires sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer 90% of the time.
- Manual dexterity for using computer keyboard.
- Frequent contact with employees and management.
- Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions
- May change as needs evolve.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs at times.
- Bending and stooping required.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 484
Fax Number (323) 215-0170