Job Code: 483
Program/Department: Program Coordination
Reports To: Director of Operations/ Designee
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Funded by the Division of HIV and STD Programs, under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the Sr. Community Health Worker II (HIV Test Counselor) is responsible for providing HIV, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, C counseling and screenings to high-risk individuals. The position will require the candidate to drive a mobile medical vehicle, perform phlebotomy, work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Provide targeted HIV, STD, Hepatitis counseling and screenings services.
- Perform phlebotomy to collect and process specimens. Submit specimens to laboratory for analysis.
- Distribute condoms, lubricants and supporting educational materials.
- Provides follow-up counseling to clients. Disclose HIV, STD and Hepatitis results to clients.
- Attends community and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in JWCH trainings and advisory committee meetings as scheduled.
- Drive the mobile unit; provide safe transport of staff to and from scheduled sites.
- Ensure that the van is in proper operational condition (check oil, gas, lights, air in tires, etc.) and clean on a daily basis.
- Comply with all applicable traffic laws and regulations, ensuring passenger safety and security at all times.
- Data Entry, answer phones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS or BA degree in Public Health or a health/human service field or three (3) years equivalent experience.
- Experience working with the public and high-risk diverse populations.
- Current HIV Counselor certification, current rapid test certification.
- Phlebotomy licensed.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive the mobile medical vehicle.
- Valid California driver license and clean driving Record
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Able to pass background-check.
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 483
Fax Number (323) 215-0170