Job Code: 487
Program/Department: Behavioral Health
Reports To: Substance Abuse Coordinator
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Substance Abuse Coordinator, the Substance Abuse Specialist/Case Manager provides assessment, case management, and counseling designed to determine comprehensive care needs and to effectively link persons into the appropriate services for their substance use disorder.
- Provides community education about opioid use disorders and treatment options
- Accepts referrals from PCPs and goes to JWCH clinic locations to provide short term educational/motivational intervention along with assessment of placement criteria to determine level of care, offer menu of options, and link to appropriate care service
- Provides case management and support to persons who enter the medication assisted treatment service to ensure engagement, retention, and treatment completion concurrently with a behavioral counseling intervention
- Provides case management to achieve housing stabilization and development of drug free social support
- Participate actively as a part of the substance abuse care team at one of two MAT hubs
- Interface with outside agencies that are providing client services in collaboration
- Utilizes compassion and knowledge of opioid and other substance abuse with clients
- Maintains client confidentiality per HIPAA and 42 CFR federal regulations
- Ensures thorough documentation of assessment for level of care and treatment needs, client motivation, barriers to care access, treatment plan, case management, progress, etc.
- Prepares care coordination and case management plans and implements them
- Documents accurately and timely in medical record
- Enters data for project evaluation and analysis, helps to prepare reports for grant, and ensures collected data is securely kept/maintained
- Participates in all staff, team, and community meetings as required
- Demonstrates courtesy, mutual respect and compassion in dealing with others
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Certification in Substance Abuse Counseling from an approved organization with the CA DHCS
- A valid California Driver’s License and an insurable driving record under the agency’s liability policy
- Two years experience in a health care setting
- Two years experience working with substance abuse counseling
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with proactive style, taking initiative
- Willing and able to work effectively with low income, trauma-involved, and homeless individuals.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 487
Fax Number (323) 215-0170