Job Code: 489
Program/Department: Wesley Health Centers
Reports To: Program Manager
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (Hourly as needed.) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Provide Non-Emergent Transportation to low income and homeless individuals in the Downtown Skid Row area. Passengers are ambulatory and are seeking transportation to County and JWCH health care facilities in and around the area.
- Provide safe transport of homeless individuals to and from County and JWCH health care facilities.
- Ensure that the van is in proper operational condition (check oil, gas, lights, air in tires, etc.) and cleaned on a daily basis.
- Comply with all applicable traffic laws and regulations, ensuring passenger safety and security at all times.
- Request that all passengers sign daily log, complete daily passenger tallies.
- Complete data for monthly report.
- Perform other office tasks as assigned.
- California Class B Driver License with passenger endorsement.
- Current medical certificate.
- DMV print out; clean driving record for past three years.
- No prior felony convictions.
- Los Angeles City, Department of Transportation permit.
- Adequate insurance on any personal automobile(s).
- Willing and able to work well with homeless individuals.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 489
Fax Number (323) 215-0170