Job Code: 493
Program/Department: Primary Care
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: This position develops and implements a nutrition program by conducting assigned surveys or studies and providing individual or group counsel or instruction on the subject of nutrition and its effect on health to an indigent population.
- Participates in the development of nutrition program by identifying the nutrition needs of individuals at risk, defining the problems, which may be prevented or corrected with proper nutrition.
- Interview patients to obtain diet histories, calculates and analyzes the nutrient levels of each patient’s diet and counsels on normal nutrition and diet modification, adapting the discussion to the specific dietary problems assessed as well as to the socio-economic, emotional need, personal preference, and cultural background of the patient.
- Develops new or adapts existing instructional methods and materials such as visual aids or hand outs for use in lecturing, patient counseling, group educational sessions and community distribution by nutrition staff and health team members.
- Plans, organizes and conducts individual or group instruction sessions on food and medical nutrition therapy utilizing food models and other visual aids to facilitate patient understanding of how to best nourish their bodies.
- Complies statistical data and prepares reports on such matters as food market surveys, census reports, mortality reports, nutrition studies, and periodic activity reports for the purpose of identifying problem areas and trends, summarizing activities and evaluating program effectiveness.
- Lectures in workshops and participates in panel discussion and special meetings diet or medical nutrition therapy, diet counseling, and on the technical and practical aspects of food and nutrition and its effect on health.
- Acts as resource person to staff, patients, individuals touring a facility, answers technical questions on the practical application of food and nutrition principles in a specialized program.
- Participates in community outreach activities.
- Participates as member of CQI and other assigned committees.
- Performs other clerical and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a registered Dietitian by the American Dietetic Association.
- Current California Drivers License.
- Ability to travel to multiple work sites.
- Five years experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 493
Fax Number (323) 215-0170