Job Code: 499
Program/Department: Wesley Health Centers – Primary Clinics
Reports To: Clinic Administrator
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: JWCH is seeking a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) for our clinics in southeast Los Angeles County. Using your own experience and judgment, you will design and implement a diabetes education program at four JWCH clinics in Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Norwalk, and Lynwood. You will also build a team of volunteers – promotoras de salud – to provide community outreach and health education. This position offers the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patient who historically have not had access to health care and the opportunity to build a program tuned to the needs of local patients.
- Design and implement a comprehensive diabetes education curriculum that includes group classes.
- Build teams of volunteer promotoras to provide culturally competent peer outreach in local communities.
- Document and report program outcomes to the funding agency using our EHR system, NextGen. Also, you will attend quality assurance meetings to discuss program outcomes.
- Collaborate with clinics administrators, providers, and nursing staff manage program logistics at each clinic and adapt programming to patient needs
- Will Conduct Diabetes Educational Groups monthly (or more frequently, if needed) at the clinic sites.
- Professional knowledge and skill as a diabetes and health educator that include in-depth knowledge and understanding of the nature of diabetes and related issues and patient care concerns
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate educational programs and materials
- Ability to work and interact with patient care professionals as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Certification from the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators or meet requirements to obtain certification from the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators exclusive of the exam itself and be willing to complete the examination within six months of hire.
- Current California Driver’s License and ability to drive to and from clinic sites.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Experience with working with preferably NextGen
- CPR/First Aid Certificate required.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 499
Fax Number (323) 215-0170