Job Code: 497
Program/Department: Oral Health Department
Reports To: Dental Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: The position is responsible for providing preventive and primary dental care consistent with the dentist’s training and experience in a community health clinic setting to patients of the clinic.
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental condition, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care of treatment provided. In addition, the dentist shall complete patient referrals and other records and paper work as shall be required from time by the corporation.
- Educates individuals in the nature of health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
- Travels as necessary to meet operational needs.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Dental Director or as necessary to achieve organizational goals and program objectives.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or as necessary to achieve organizational goals and program objectives.
- Maintains and updates skills and knowledge to appropriate professional levels with continuing education courses and educational materials.
- Responsible for personal and professional compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and Clinic rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of Dental care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personal issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of Infection & Exposure control and sterile techniques for a dental practice.
- Supervises Dental Department compliance, relative to Infection & Exposure Control and safety, as required by local State, and Federal guidelines, Dental Department directives and protocols, and clinic policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with support staff, providing clear expectations.
- Works with lead provider and Clinic Administrator to attain goals for efficiency, satisfaction, and productivity.
- Graduation from an accredited dental school.
- Current California Dental License.
- Current DEA Certificate.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Ability to travel from site to site as needed.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.
- Experience with NextGen/EDR or Dentrix preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 497
Fax Number (323) 215-0170