Job Code: 500
Program/Department: Wesley Health Centers – Vermont
Reports To: Director of Operations
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
JWCH Institute, known as Wesley Health Centers (WHC), is a Federally Qualified Health Center primary care clinic. WHC is a leader in providing health care to the traditionally underserved communities of Los Angeles County with over 25 access points across the Los Angeles basin. As an integrated model, WHC provides primary care, specialty care, oral health, behavioral health, education and outreach, enrollment services and other supportive services.
Position Purpose: Responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all operational, administrative, clinical and financial operation of the clinic. In conjunction with providing superior leadership to staff and overseeing the delivery of high quality, cost-effective patient care, the position works together with the Lead Physician in directing each Care Team to provide effective services to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to Care Teams and support staff.
- Communicate organizational objectives and vision to the staff.
- Serve as the key business driver for the growth and overall success of the clinic.
- Assist staff with the implementation of departmental goals, policies, procedures, and reporting tools through effective use of performance metrics and financial results monitoring.
- Promote Wesley’s Care Team approach to delivering high quality, cost-efficient care where improved health outcomes and patient satisfaction are the primary goals.
- On an annual and as-needed basis, prepare operational budgets, capital equipment lists; monitor departmental activity and justify variances when necessary; and implement effective tools to improve operational efficiency and control costs.
- Coordinate Care Team schedules to maximize patient access. Monitor patient flow and ensure practice management software supports Care Teams maximizing schedule/availability.
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinic Operations, work to enhance Care Team efficiency and, when necessary, assist in resolving clinic-related issues.
- Participate in monthly patient satisfaction/process improvement meetings with other clinic administrators and Executive leadership.
- Based on projected Medi-Cal HMO, Medicare and MyHealthLA enrollment, manage payer mix visit utilization and monitor the impact of growth on the facility’s existing space plan; propose, plan and direct facility expansion and enhancement projects if required.
- Ensure the clinic maintains the highest standards for the environment of care and support efficient/effective operations, both indoors and outdoors.
- Enhance health center visibility through community involvement by participating in service and professional organizations.
- Actively participate on organizational and ad-hoc committees, as needed.
- On a monthly basis, and as needed, report operational issues, organizational opportunities and issues at the Operations Meeting.
- Monitor patient satisfaction through various programs such as the formal patient engagement and complaint process, patient surveys, etc., and respond according the internal policies and procedures, IPA Grievance procedures and County funded program grievance processes.
- Ensure collaboration with the Lead Physician produces the Care Teams meet quality measures, regulatory standards and customer service standards.
- Ensure all PHI information is maintained in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Provide orientation to potential/new Medi-Cal HMO, Medicare and MyHealthLA patients, assist patients requesting to convert to the IPA of which Wesley Health Centers is a member. Coordinate and direct follow-up with all Medi-Cal HMO, Medicare and MyHealthLA patients, providing updates and monitor performance management of patient visits to ensure access and availability standards and utilization standards are met.
- Coordinate coverage for clinic staff as needed (lunch time, sick and vacation leave) to ensure a smooth clinic work flow.
- Audit and manage the bus token program within the clinic.
- Ensure all Open Encounters are closed at the end of each day and collaborate with the billing department to address outstanding encounters.
- Monitor the collection and reporting of cash collections and perform weekly cash deposits, and maintain deposit book.
- Perform staff evaluations, schedule annual health clearances and annual clinical competency assessment.
- Perform quarterly facility reviews to ensure clinic is being maintained properly and meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Collect, review, and sign timesheets by assigned due date.
- Complete check reimbursements forms and route to supervisor for review and approval.
- Manage and order office supplies and other clinic materials as needed.
- Arrange and facilitate monthly staff meetings to educate and train staff and to improve operational efficiencies.
- Complete correction action plans, if any, post internal/external audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field with three years primary care clinic management experience. A Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field can be substituted for two years of experience of primary care management experience.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local funding designated for Federally Qualified Health Centers.
- Experience working with clients or patients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Bilingual/Bi-cultural (Spanish/English) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of HIV care and prevention services, including PrEP, PEP and harm reduction interventions preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 500
Fax Number (323) 215-0170