Job Code: 501
Program/Department: Wesley Health Centers
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
JWCH Institute, known as Wesley Health Centers (WHC), is a Federally Qualified Health Center primary care clinic. WHC is a leader in providing health care to the traditionally underserved communities of Los Angeles County with over 25 access points across the Los Angeles basin. As an integrated model, WHC provides primary care, specialty care, oral health, behavioral health, education and outreach, enrollment services and other supportive services.
Position Purpose: The position is responsible for providing podiatric management and services to assigned clinic patients. The position collaborates with the medical director as described in the established protocol. Position reports to physician team leader responsible for primary care teams. The physician specialist will have a nurse assist in patient case management.
- Provides podiatric care to indigent primary care patients.
- Provides consultation to the nurses and clinical staff.
- Consults with other staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding medical management of patients and common podiatric problems encountered in the clinic.
- Confers on the planning and direction of the primary care team as it relates to the podiatry.
- Provides the following procedures: nail debridement, callus trimmings, wart excision, ingrown nail excision, injection therapy (corticosteriods, local anesthetics), excision cutaneous skin lesions, nail matixectomy, skin ulcer treatment (debridement), strapping/taping of the foot and ankle, and closed reductions of minor foot fractures.
- Current California Physician & Surgeon License.
- Current DEA License.
- Must be a specialist in Podiatry.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Board Certification.
- Must be willing to travel to different sites.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 501
Fax Number (323) 215-0170