Job Code: 504
Program/Department: Wesley Health Center’s Transitional Housing
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the clinical supervision of the clinic director, the Client Aide has responsibility to engage with patients to assist with daily activities of living within the ESP Housing Program facility, including helping patients with navigating around the site or community, eating, dressing, and bathing as needed, 24 hours 7 days a week. Works collaboratively as part of the patient medical care team.
- Performs job functions as prescribed by established policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities
- Observes and documents patient response to care
- Reports and records observations of patient conditions
- Assists with bed pans, urinals, commodes, and empty urine collection bags
- Transfers patients to wheelchair, stretcher, in and out of bed
- Assists with patient navigation around the facility for meals, rehabilitative and recreational activities, laundry, and to vans for community appointments
- Assists with meals as needed
- Provides range of motion exercises
- Assists patients with hygiene and grooming activities
- Assist partners within the client care team to support client health and safety
- Assists in promoting patient safety and environmental cleanliness/safety
- Documents pertinent patient information, following established policy and procedures
- Documents accurately in the DHS electronic medical record or other methods as directed, regarding observations of patient response to care or physical conditions
- Documents all data clearly and thoroughly– using name and title, date and time
- Follows all DHS requirements for logging/documenting/reporting patient medical status
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Discusses any patient information only with appropriate personnel when related to the care being provided,
- Maintains confidentiality for all documents that contain patient identifier information,
- Observes and respects confidentiality of information in regards to fellow employees.
- Responsibility and accountability for adherence to organizational and department standards and policy.
- Observes department guidelines concerning absences and reports absences to Supervising Client Aide in accordance with departmental procedures,
- Self-identifies potentially unsafe systems/processes/situations and takes initiative to report to the supervisor,
- Observes department guidelines to conduct personal business during breaks and lunch hour,
- Projects a positive professional image and adheres to organizational dress code.
- Participates in organizational programs/committees as assigned
- Participates in assigned staff and other meetings, for operations and training
- Participates in all safety programs, which may include assignment to an emergency response team,
- Performs other duties and tasks as may be required or assigned.
- Team Work and Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrates courtesy, mutual respect and compassion in dealing with others,
- Initiates and presents positive solutions to problems,
- Demonstrates effective working relations and works effectively as part of the team to facilitate the organization’s ability to meet goals and objectives,
- Demonstrates a willingness to accommodate requirements or changing priorities in the workplace.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalency
- Licensed as Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) in accordance with the laws of the State of California
- Minimum one-year experience in a health care setting.
- Current BLS Certificate from the American Heart Association
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 504
Fax Number (323) 215-0170