Job Code: 502
Program/Department: Wesley Health Center’s Transitional Housing
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under direction of the Program Director, the Front Desk Receptionist provides coverage at the front lobby desk, screening and directing visitors, taking incoming phone calls, and monitoring interior and exterior program space, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, for the Weingart Interim Housing Services Program.
- Performs job functions as prescribed by established policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities
- Presents a welcoming, positive, and professional presence at the front desk of the Weingart Interim Housing Facility, effectively communicating with all arrivals
- Oversees sign in and sign out for all residents who are entering or leaving facility
- Screens and directs all persons who enter the front reception lobby appropriately to their destinations
- Sets boundaries regarding behavior or access to certain areas of the building, etc. in a polite, firm, and friendly manner while maintaining a non-defensive, non-aggressive demeanor consistently when communicating with any individuals
- Monitors behavior of all persons entering the front reception lobby and reports any suspicious or inappropriate behavior to building security or 911
- Accepts and routes incoming calls in a manner that reflects on the program in a positive way.
- Takes accurate messages and relays important general information to inquiries.
- Accepts and logs information regarding building status, reporting to appropriate persons
- Monitors security cameras and follows established safety/security protocols
- Maintains monthly safety and other required reports or logs for the program
- Performs other clerical and administrative tasks as assigned
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Discusses all patient information only with appropriate personnel when related to the care being provided,
- Maintains confidentiality for all documents that contain patient identifier information,
- Observes and respects confidentiality of information in regards to fellow employees.
- Responsibility and accountability for adherence to organizational and department standards and policy.
- Observes department guidelines concerning absences and reports absences in accordance with departmental procedures,
- Self-identifies potentially unsafe systems/processes/situations and takes initiative to report to the supervisor,
- Observes department guidelines to conduct personal business during breaks and lunch hour,
- Projects a positive professional image and adheres to organizational dress code.
- Participates in organizational programs/committees as assigned
- Participates in assigned staff and other meetings, including quality improvement, and in-service training meetings,
- Participates in all safety programs, which may include assignment to an emergency response team,
- Performs other duties and tasks as may be required or assigned.
- Team Work and Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrates courtesy, mutual respect and compassion in dealing with others,
- Initiates and presents positive solutions to problems,
- Demonstrates effective working relations and works effectively as part of the team to facilitate the organization’s ability to meet goals and objectives,
- Demonstrates a willingness to accommodate requirements or changing priorities in the workplace.
- One year’s experience working in a medical or social service facility, preferably residential.
- S. Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with homeless persons and environments
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 502
Fax Number (323) 215-0170