Job Code: 506
Program/Department: Weingart Enhanced Services Program
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: Under supervision of the Senior Social Worker, the Case Manager provides comprehensive case management services to the clients at the Weingart Transitional Housing Program as a member of the behavioral health and intensive case management team.
- Performs job functions as prescribed by established policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities
- Collects data to facilitate the completion of a comprehensive initial and ongoing assessment of client needs in the areas of functional status, housing, educational status, social/recreational, family, and other special needs
- Works with clients to develop individual care plans (ICP) with measurable goals pertaining to all areas identified by the assessment process, including financial/medical insurance benefits, housing, medical, social service, life skills, behavioral health, social/recreational, family, and other special needs
- Arranges for access to identification needed for housing readiness
- Updates the ICP at weekly client meetings and reports progress at the weekly team case conferences,
- Acts as a client advocate to identify resources and provide referrals that will help the client meet the goals of the ICP.
- Provides clients with appropriate referrals for all identified needs
- Arranges secure transportation and accompanies patients to appointments as needed for SSA, housing sites, or related social services
- Coordinates with Department of Health Services (DHS) Homes for Health and Housing case managers to ensure an effective transition to permanent/supportive housing
- Coordinates with treatment team to plan and implement a comprehensive community transition proccess
- Teaches skills and helps to prepare clients for maintaining permanent housing
- Documents pertinent client information, following established policy and procedures
- Documents accurately in the electronic medical record, including assessment, ICP, all referrals made, appointments scheduled, and client progress toward meeting their goals,
- Documents all data clearly and thoroughly– using name and title, date and time
- Follows all requirements to gain access and utilize the electronic medical record
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Responsibility and accountability for adherence to organizational and department standards and policy.
- Participates in organizational programs/committees as assigned
- Demonstrates Team Work and Interpersonal Skills
- Responsibility and accountability for adherence to organizational and department standards and policy, including dress code.
- Bachelors degree in psychology, human services, social work, or related field
- Two years experience in a health care setting providing case management or similar duties
- Willing and able to work well with low income, homeless individuals
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 506
Fax Number (323) 215-0170