Job Code: 508
Program/Department: Wesley Health Centers - Pasadena
Reports To: Clinic Administrator / Designee
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the supervision of the Clinic Administrator / Designee, the Medical Assistant is responsible for eligibility screening of clients, reception area duties, responding to client questions and providing information to clients of the Wesley Health Centers-Pasadena.
- Complete patient forms and elicit information for patient history.
- Provide targeted HIV/AIDS Health Education/Risk Reduction and Counseling and Testing Services.
- Obtain specimens for diagnostic testing in accord with standardized protocols and procedures.
- Complete initial patient assessment, triage, and taking vital signs in accord with standardized protocols and procedures.
- Assist in providing patient referrals and maintaining a log book.
- Review charts for completion of necessary forms and directives.
- Order educational materials, all necessary forms medical and office supplies as needed.
- Assist the medical staff during the exam.
- Collect and input data for reporting purposes.
- Assist in billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved medical assistant program in the state of California.
- CPR Certificate. Training may be provided.
- Phlebotomy certificate.
- Experience providing guidance and counseling for persons at risk of HIV infection.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Two years medical office/clinic experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 508
Fax Number (323) 215-0170