Job Code: 509
Program/Department: Medical Care Coordination
Reports To: Division Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Division Director, Serves as the Program Coordinator for the Medical Care Coordination (MCC) program and supervises Patient Care Managers, Medical Care Managers, Case Workers, Patient Retention Specialists, and collaborates closely with Medical teams to maximize and implement the MCC Model.
- Collect report and manage aggregate and individual client data and coordinate entering of data into County system (Casewatch).
- Recruit, supervise and train, 8 to 10 staff.
- Maintain contract and HIPAA compliance as indicated by County and Federal guidelines.
- Prepare monthly and bi-annual reports as required by DHSP.
- Attend community and staff meetings, as scheduled.
- Participate in JWCH trainings and advisory committee meetings, as scheduled.
- Assist in event coordination, planning and implementation, as indicated.
- Manage quality assurance activities related to MCC.
- Assist in grant writing.
- Provide direct services to MCC patients, per DHSP MCC Guidelines.
- Compose monthly MCC Report Narrative.
- Responsible for submission of Transportation reports.
- Oversee transportation services and ensure paperwork is compliant.
- Oversee coordination of special projects and events to develop patient engagement.
- Support Electronic Health Records management and transition from paper records.
- Oversee patient retention efforts and data collection.
- Conduct monthly chart auditing; identify areas of improvement; communicate findings; and co-develop training to rectify findings.
- Monitor program recruitment and goals.
- Lead meetings with Program Lead.
- Manage Case Supervision meetings with individual MCC staff as the MCC staff as the MCC team.
- Coordinate and lead case conferences with provider.
- Coordinate and lead MCC staff meetings.
- Develop and implement new protocols and procedures for MCC team.
- Oversee recruitment goals and develop outreach strategies;
- Communicate team needs to MCC staff and clinic medical and support staff.
- Facilitate flow of and increase MCC referrals.
- Manage proper follow-through of existing protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compliance / Ethical Regulations Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Patient Health Information is maintained in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Responsible for assuring that documentation of services is completed and is properly documented as required by the agency and funder.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or BS/ BA degree in Public Health or a health/human service field or a minimum of three (3) years equivalent experience in a related field.
- Experience working with at-risk target population, including IDU, non-IDU substance users, homeless women and MSM.
- Current HIV/AIDS and STI’s knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheet (MS Excel) programs.
- Current California Driver License with liability insurance and ability to drive to and from program sites.
- A minimum of 2 years experience supervising similar programs.
- Understanding and experience implementing Case Management Services.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 509
Fax Number (323) 215-0170