Job Code: 511
Reports To: Program Manager
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Program Manager of Case Management Services, and in accordance with contract requirements, guide clients, either directly or through referral, with enrollment/re-enrollment in ADAP, OA-HIPP, Covered California, Social Security, Medi-Cal, and General Relief, as well as with the process of accessing Public Benefits, including housing, and counsel them as to possible impacts of work activity on their benefits.
- Provide in-depth case management to clients seeking public benefits assistance, vocational and employment resources and opportunities.
- Complete a comprehensive benefits assessment and reassessment of each client enrolled in the program.
- Assist clients in developing an appropriate individual service plan addressing the individual needs of the client.
- Conduct follow-up activities necessary to assist clients in the implementation and modification of their individual service plans.
- Assist clients, either directly or through referral, with enrollment/re-enrollment in ADAP, OA-HIPP, Social Security, Medi-Cal, Covered California, General Relief and other appropriate public benefits.
- Maintain and update all client records and progress note all interactions via the client management systems.
- Answer and respond to incoming telephone calls and emails regarding Public Benefits and Work Services questions according to department policy.
- Develop and maintain client files to meet JWCH, city, state, and federal program requirements.
- Collaborate with programs at JWCH and other service organizations to facilitate the provision of services.
- Maintain an extensive awareness of client resources, both agency-wide and community based.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of public benefits programs and provide technical assistance to JWCH staff as needed.
- Work with JWCH’s Government Affairs Division when questions arise or advocacy needed regarding public benefits.
- Attend relevant trainings relating to benefits programs, and trainings required to meet contract requirements, as approved by the Program Manager.
- Prepare reports and client records as required to meet JWCH, city, state, and federal program requirements.
- Follow agency policies and maintain agency standards with regards to client confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BA Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Vocational Services, Human Resources, Education, or a related field required; a minimum of three years’ experience in a human services position providing one/one direct services. Bilingual or multi-lingual preferred.
Interviewing and assessment techniques; vocational rehabilitation and/or related occupational fields, knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet data entry; HIV disease and related chronic illness and disability issues; comprehensive understanding of public benefits programs and policies; volunteer management and group facilitation skills.
Work under minimal supervision; assess psychosocial and occupational/vocational needs; utilize agency and community resources; communicate effectively (orally and in writing) in both one-on-one and public settings; respond with empathy to the needs of clients, staff and volunteers; participate as a member of a team operating in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 511
Fax Number (323) 215-0170