Job Code: 518
Location: Wesley Health Center- Center for Community Health
Reports To: Clinic Administrator
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the supervision of the Clinic Administrator, the optician is responsible for dispensing and fitting spectacles and other optical aids, working from the prescriptions written by the optometrist.
- Provides optical care to indigent primary care patients.
- Fill Prescriptions written by the Optometrist: Frame Selection, Measurements for filling prescriptions, Writing up orders for optical lab
- Prepare orders for delivery to optical lab
- Verify orders received from optical lab
- Track status of orders with lab and courier services
- Maintain records of orders
- Notify patients about status of orders
- Repair and adjust ophthalmic frames
- Adjust eyeglasses for patients
- Dispense eyeglasses to patients
- Neutralize patient's habitual eyeglasses
- Assist with discharge of patients
- Maintain inventory and stocking of frames on frame board, includes ordering frames
- Maintain inventory of optical repair supplies
- Maintain log for tracking eyeglass orders with optical lab & courier services
- Work with front office support staff in scheduling patients for dispensing and appointments with the optometrist
- Maintain inventory of office supplies submit requests for orders to supervisor
- Assist patients with Referrals
- Other Job Duties as needed, which may include, but not limited to: Pre-testing patients, preparing patients for visit, assisting with patient flow, communicating with support staff, optometrist and other health care providers
- Current CPR Certification.
- Ability to travel from site to site as needed.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 518
Fax Number (323) 215-0170