Job Code: 520
Reports To: Director of Operations
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Administrative Assistant provides general support for the JWCH enhanced substance abuse treatment program.
- Provides reception and answers phones for staff and program in a manner that reflects on the agency in a positive way.
- Takes accurate messages and relays important general information to inquiries.
- Maintains the calendar of the program, clients and staff.
- Create and maintains program records, including data records.
- Maintains documentation of expenses, petty cash, and other accounting for invoicing..
- Orders and follows-up on supplies, materials and publications.
- Prepares meeting and training schedules and notices
- Takes and prepares minutes or notes of debriefing meetings, peer and staff trainings.
- Communicates effectively with the staff, contract representatives, and the general public.
- Maintains files including preparing monthly reports for the program.
- Delivers and picks up documents from funding sources and other JWCH Institute, Inc. sites.
- Maintains the security of confidential documents.
- Updates and distributes Program Staff Roster
- Performs other clerical and administrative tasks as assigned, (i.e. filing, duplicating data entry, and word processing correspondence, reports and other documents).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School diploma and 2 years of experience in general office environment
- Ability to effectively operate office equipment (multi-line phone system, printer, fax, etc.)
- Experience handling confidential documents; takes initiative and detail-oriented
- Ability to use internet as well as data base, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Current California Driver’s License, insurable with agency insurance, and has automobile
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 520
Fax Number (323) 215-0170