Job Code: 522
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: The Mental Health Therapist provides clinical services as well as guidance for a multi-disciplinary team in a manner that upholds the JWCH mission to improve the health status and well-being of chronically homeless individuals of the Los Angeles area through the direct provision of health care, health education, services, and research. This includes adherence to all behavioral health contract requirements (staffing, scope of work, and documentation), utilization of funding, staff productivity, and patient satisfaction. This particular position is located on Skid Row in the Enhanced Services Program for chronically homeless individuals.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure that the program’s clinical treatment goals and client behavioral management needs are met by participating in case conferences, case management consultation, and individual meetings with Housing for Health ICMS Providers to ensure quality of care.
- Maintain a mental health treatment caseload according to grant or contract requirements.
- Conduct assessments, therapeutic interventions, and clinical evaluation with program clients.
- Develop collaboratively with other team members and client, an individualized treatment plan.
- Ensure proper documentation of services in EHR/charts in a timely manner.
- Update client records as required.
- Support client involvement in planning, implementing, and evaluating the program.
- Complete data collection forms and prepare reports as required by the program.
- Maintain collaboration with physicians and other community resources to facilitate linkage to services in the community.
- Provide phone consultation as needed.
- Attend community and or agency related meetings and train or distribute information to the team.
- Maintain Quality assurance standards of the program
- Assist leadership in program development strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- State of California Clinical Social Work License required
- Experience /knowledge in human, social, and/or behavioral health services, especially for homeless and/or low-income underserved individuals
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of trauma on behavioral and medical conditions
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 522
Fax Number (323) 215-0170