Job Code: 525
Reports To: Children’s Coordinator
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Provides child care to infants and children enrolled at a women’s residential drug treatment program.
- Work collaboratively with Pregnant and Post-Partum Woman’s Program team members
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care
- Prepare meals and organize mealtimes and snacks for children
- Help children keep good hygiene
- Change the diapers of infants and toddlers
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to develop age appropriately
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents, and report to Children’s Coordinator
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest; collaborate with Children’s Coordinator and program staff
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma; post-secondary education in child development preferred
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Valid child care license
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with children
- Knowledge of trauma informed treatment
- Knowledge of or experience working with pregnant women and children in a drug treatment program.
- Knowledge of trauma informed treatment with minority and low income pregnant and postpartum women, and their children
- Cultural competent working with minority
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 525
Fax Number (323) 215-0170