Job Code: 527
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: The Children’s Coordinator will provide family services to minority and low income pregnant and postpartum women, and their children at a women’s residential drug treatment program.
- Work collaboratively with Pregnant and Post-Partum Woman’s Program team members
- Oversee daily project functions, parenting groups, organize family activities and serve as a family liaison
- Responsible for data collection and reporting
- Supervise the ongoing development and quality assurance of the program in conjunction with the Program Director
- Ensure organization’s adherence to all state, county and federal treatment standards and regulations
- Monitor the program and clients for safety, quality and zero tolerance to the presence of drugs and alcohol in or around the program and premises
- Knowledge of trauma informed treatment, and evidenced base treatment for substance abuse and trauma (Matrix, Seeking Safety, Motivational Interviewing and Nurturing Parenting Program)
- Oversee the development and maintain an on-going list of community resources for referrals and linkages
- Provide monthly reports on contract compliance activities and program outcomes
- Attend seminars, conferences, and trainings relative to pregnant and postpartum women, mental health & substance abuse treatment and skills necessary for a position of leadership
- Assist with the on-going development of the client tracking process
- Review client charts and forms for accuracy and compliance with the agency’s funding source and regulatory requirements
- Interface cooperatively with other treatment agencies, alumni association and community volunteers
- Participate in weekly case conferences
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years experience working in the field of substance abuse with women, children and their families
- Will hold a minimum of a BA in human service field (psychology, social work, counseling)
- One to two years direct supervisory experience
- Bilingual capabilities in English and Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of children development, trauma, substance abuse, and mental health
- Knowledge of Department of Children and Families Services
- Cultural competent working with minority, low income and vulnerable population
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Perform multiple tasks while demonstrating the ability to work within a team construct
- Excellent documentation, oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable transportation
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 527
Fax Number (323) 215-0170