Job Code: 530
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: Responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all operational and financial aspects of the Wesley Health Centers in conjunction with providing effective leadership to staff and oversee the delivery of quality, cost-effective patient care. The position works together with the Lead Site Physician in directing the support service of personnel in the discharge of their responsibilities.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to a clinical and front office staff.
- Communicate organizational objectives and vision to the front office staff.
- Assist staff with the implementation of departmental goals, policies, procedures, and reporting tools.
- Promote a team approach to delivering quality, cost-efficient care where patient satisfaction is the primary goal.
- Coordinate Medical Assistant competency testing 30 days post hiring and yearly thereafter.
- On an annual basis, prepare capital equipment list; monitor departmental activity and justify variances when necessary; implement effective tools to improve operational efficiency and control costs.
- Coordinate provider schedule and the scheduling of patients. Monitor client flow and ensure appointment software reflects provider schedule/availability.
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinic Operations, work to enhance provider efficiency and, when necessary, assist in resolving clinic-related issues.
- In conjunction with Director of HIV Services, work to ensure all HIV Program requirements are met and program reports are generated and submitted.
- Based on projected Medi-Cal HMO enrollment, visits, and utilization, monitor the impact of growth on the facility’s existing space plan; propose, plan and direct facility expansion and enhancement projects if required.
- Maintain a professional facility appearance both indoors and outdoors.
- Enhance health center visibility through community involvement by participating in service and professional organizations.
- Actively participate on organizational and ad-hoe committees, as needed.
- On a monthly basis, and as needed, report operational issues, organizational opportunities and issues to the Operations Meeting.
- Monitor patient satisfaction through various programs such as the formal complaint process, patient survey, etc. and respond as appropriate.
- Work toward ensuring that customer service standards are met.
- Ensure all PHI information is maintained in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Provide orientation to potential/new Medi-Cal HMO clients, assist clients requesting to convert to the JWCH IPA. Call and follow-up with all Medi-Cal HMO clients, update and maintain the tracking of Medi-Cal HMO client visits.
- Provide coverage for the front office staff as needed (lunch time, sick and vacation leave) to ensure a smooth clinic flow.
- Keep track of the bus token program.
- Submit patient census and encounter verification forms daily to the billing department.
- Perform weekly cash deposits, and maintain deposit book.
- Perform staff evaluations and checklists.
- Collect, review, and sign timesheets by assigned due date.
- Complete check reimbursements forms and route to supervisor for review and approval.
- Order office supplies and other clinic materials as needed.
- Arrange and facilitate monthly staff meetings.
- Complete correction action plans post internal/external audits.
- Copy medical records as requested and maintain the Disclosure Log.
- Masters degree in Healthcare Administration or related field, or bachelor’s degree with three or more years of health care management experience. Education may be substituted by experience.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local funding designated for health services.
- Experience working with federally and County funded HIV programs.
- Experience working with clients or patients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Bilingual/Bi-cultural (Spanish/English) required.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 530
Fax Number (323) 215-0170