Job Code: 531
Reports To: Clinic Administrator
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Clinic Administrator, the Dental Front Desk Assistant (DFDA) functions as a Wesley Health Center ambassador welcoming and attending to the needs of all patients and creates a positive front office experience by managing patient expectations while demonstrating compassion and respect. Also functions as an integrated member of the health care team by assisting in the delivery of patient-focused care. The DFDA performs varied, moderately complex administrative and financial service support functions. This position exercises independent judgment and procedural knowledge in performing work duties within standard operating procedures. The DFDA prepares and processes various financial documents and transactions for completion, accuracy and conformance with established policies, regulations and procedures. This includes composing and preparing correspondence. When applicable, the DFDA assists in the preparation of reimbursement bills, audits, reviews performance with the Clinic Administrator, and assists in planning contractual and budgetary compliance. The DFDA is tasked with ensuring accuracy of records and files; including the monitoring and maintenance of various record-keeping systems.
- Responsible for greeting and verifying the purpose for the patient’s visit in order to determine patient priority.
- Verifies and records eligibility and registration, as appropriate for each individual patient into the Electronic Practice Management System.
- Responsible for monitoring patient wait times and proactively communicating with patients regarding their status during their visit.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments and making sure patients receive referral documentation as needed.
- Responsible for telephone management and ensuring that all calls are answered courteously, promptly and any issues resolved as expected.
- Ensure clients receive reminder calls promptly to preserve high levels of retention.
- Responsible for communicating with the patient care team, which can include but is not limited to the medical assistants, providers and other team members to ensure that the patient experiences a seamless transition between hand-offs and to ensure all patient needs are met.
- Maintains modern office practices, procedures and organization, as assigned.
- Ensures accurate recordkeeping and computer systems; business accounting and bookkeeping.
- Responsible for the collection of patient co-pays and payments, as well as the daily reconciliation of their collections.
- Responsible for monitoring waiting rooms and ensures that waiting areas are kept clean.
- Provides reports and correspondence using basic business math skills, correct English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Holds a high level of expertise in County, State, and Federal grants and/or dental billing as appropriate.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Continuously analyzes a variety of administrative and/or technical problems and makes effective recommendations.
- Prepares accurate financial and statistical documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with the public, staff, and management.
- Works independently and has the ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate work assignments.
- Is sensitive to the needs of diverse cultures and populations including patients impacted by HIV/AIDS.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ experience working in a dental front office area or front desk.
- Two years’ experience working with HIV positive clients.
- One year of working with Ryan White grants
- Current California Driver’s License and ability to drive to and from clinic sites.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Experience with working with preferably NextGen and/ or Dentrix.
- One year of experience performing financial support duties
- Dental Billing with two years of experience.
- CPR/First Aid Certificate required.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 531
Fax Number (323) 215-0170