Job Code: 523
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: The Director of Behavior Health will direct the development and operations of all Behavior Health Services, including Mental Health programs and Substance Abuse programs. The position will provide direct clinical and administrative supervision for behavioral health staff providing clinic services along with staff providing contracted services to ensure they effectively meet the social and emotional needs of JWCH patients as well as the needs of all funding sources. The position will work with multidisciplinary teams within the agency to ensure that JWCH patients are linked to a full range of medical and support services to ensure maintenance of comprehensive holistic health and well-being. The position may also provide psychotherapy or counseling to patients as well as program development and grant writing.
- Develops and oversees operations of all Behavioral Health Services and other special programs assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Is a member of JWCH Management Team.
- Hires, supervises, and trains LCSW, MSW, and Case Manager positions while overseeing all activities of the Behavioral Health Services, including clinical, outreach, administrative, fiscal, and compliance functions.
- Assesses patient population needs. Then develops and implements programs including clinical, financial, administrative, and compliance components.
- Ensures contract compliance with DMH Medi-Cal and Drug Medi-Cal requirements.
- Ensures patient files and cases are managed in accordance with contract and Med-Cal requirements.
- Facilitate case conferences on a monthly basis to ensure patient files and cases are managed in accordance with contract, program, and Medi-Cal requirements.
- Represents JWCH and the behavioral health services at required meetings.
- Coordinates and plans programs and activities to meet the social and emotional needs of JWCH patients.
- Conduct psychotherapeutic treatment with patients, including intake, comprehensive assessment of client’s available resources and needs, ongoing psychotherapy/counseling, and develop/review an individual-based treatment plan.
- Support client involvement in planning, implementing, and evaluating the program.
- Will work with a multidisciplinary team to ensure that JWCH patients are linked to a full range of medical and support services to ensure maintenance of comprehensive holistic health and well-being.
- Oversee an active on-call after-hours emergency system to address the needs of patients in crisis, and works actively with the providers, LCSW, MSW, and Case Managers to best assist patients who may need to access behavioral health services for medical or psychiatric reasons.
- Complete data collection forms and prepare reports as required by the program.
- Utilize data and outcome evaluation information for program development and quality improvement activities.
- Maintain quality assurance standards of the program.
- Review/revise Continuous Quality Improvement Plan (CQI) on an annual basis, implement CQI monitoring and meetings according to CQI Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Clinic Social Work required.
- Master’s degree in social work, social welfare, psychology, marriage, family and child counseling, and/or marriage and family therapy from an accredited college or university.
- At least five years of supervision experience.
- Experience in behavioral health setting working with low income and/or homeless individuals.
- Knowledge of evidence-based therapeutic interventions, co-occurring disorders, and trauma interventions
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 523
Fax Number (323) 215-0170