Job Code: 533
Reports To: Program Manager
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Perform substance abuse related Counseling duties associated with the intensive outpatient substance abuse treatment program as outline by the Program Director.
- Provide client assessment, as needed, to determine appropriate program planning and implementation of agency services
- Utilize the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) as the primary tool for client programmatic planning
- Conduct substance abuse related Individual Counseling sessions to an assigned caseload of clients
- Facilitate substance abuse group sessions for intensive outpatient treatment
- Maintain accurate client files in accordance with program guidelines
- Assist with outreach and tracking activities
- Interface with outside agencies and the judicial systems relative to client base
- Possess a thorough knowledge of and sensitivity to the needs of client base
- Submit regular written client status and other pertinent reports to Program Manager
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor with three (3) years of work experience as a substance abuse counselor
- Must have valid California drivers license, proof of insurance and excellent driving record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent documentation skills with particular attention to detail
- Perform independently while demonstrating the ability to work within a team structure
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 533
Fax Number (323) 215-0170