Job Code: 535
Reports To: Clinic Administrator
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: The Patient Navigator will work closely with healthcare teams and resource providers to improve coordination of patient care. The Navigator will assist clients by identifying the client needs and directing them through the appropriate administrative system and patient support services.
- Greet all clients, visitors and other contacts from the general public
- Conducts conversations with clients/visitors to determine informational needs
- Assists clients from diverse cultural backgrounds in understanding the Health System in terms of, access and limits to services
- Maintain communication with clients and healthcare team
- Serve as a liaison between clients and medical staff
- Facilitates the flow of information regarding updates and changes from front/back office staff
- Assist clients with completion of forms
- Provide information on services offered on site/health awareness
- Educate clients regarding available benefits (health coverage programs) and refer to Enrollment Specialists for eligibility screening.
- Represents the clinic in all matters dealing with the delivery of health care services and works closely with the Clinic Administrator
- Works closely with the outreach team in greeting/receiving new clients and assisting with the intake process
- Conducts community outreach
- Assists with maintaining incentive program logs
- Transporting of patients from the local hospital Emergency Department to the E. Hollywood clinic via public transportation
- Attends general staff meetings.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Experience working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Bilingual (English, Spanish) preferred
- Ability to travel from site to site.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Current California Driver License.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 535
Fax Number (323) 215-0170