Job Code: 536
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: The position participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing health and social services to clients of the Enhanced Services Program on Skid Row. The Peer Advocate will be participating in a multi-disciplinary team, contributing to client engagement, retention, and support. The position delivers skills-building information and assists the behavioral health team with implementing positive and supportive interventions with clients.
- Establish a rapport with clients and express a concern for their well-being.
- Provide support to clients and motivate individuals to adhere to behavior modification program.
- Assist with maintaining complete updated, confidential file on the status of the client and documentation of their progress in changing personal behaviors.
- Contact clients on a daily basis to assess support needs
- Accompany client to health and/or social services referral, encourage compliance, and document progress on appropriate forms.
- Deliver education and skills-building information based on program activities and curriculums
- Share personal life experiences with incarceration, substance abuse, mental health, and other risk behaviors.
- Assist in collecting program data and processing program forms on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in preparing monthly reports to funding agency
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working with homeless persons.
- Strong ability to communicate with homeless individuals who are actively participating in substance abuse and other factors related to homelessness.
- Ability to travel and arrive to sites on time within the community.
- Desire to work with homeless persons.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 536
Fax Number (323) 215-0170