Job Code: 539
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, and in compliance with the agency’s Standardized Procedures, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for direct client care.
- Elicit and/or review client histories in accord with standards.
- Provide direct client services by physical examination, identifying findings/diagnosis, and instituting management/treatment plan.
- Ensures informed consent of clients for physical assessment, and any treatment.
- Provides information and education related to client care and treatment, as indicated.
- Orders and reviews diagnostic tests as indicated by client histories and/or assessments.
- Provides evaluation and follow-up for abnormal laboratory results.
- Seeks consultation and/or plans proper referral, as indicated.
- Maintains current knowledge by participation in training sessions, symposiums, didactic courses, etc.
- Identifies problems areas in clinic flows, training needs, and lack of cooperation and communicates them to the Supervising Nurse Practitioner.
- Provide community health workers and nursing attendants with education and training, as indicated.
- Performs quarterly review of client referrals and laboratory follow-up abnormal physical findings and lab values.
- Maintains compliance with standards stated in California Nurse Practice Act, and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years experience in Quality Assurance activities.
- Current California RN License.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License
- Current CPR Certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to travel from site to site as needed.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: x
Fax Number (323) 215-0170