Job Code: 540
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the Physician Assistant is responsible for direct client care, client eligibility screening, responding to client questions and providing information to clients.
- Complete patient forms, elicit information and review patient history in accord with standards.
- Provide direct client services by physical examination, identifying findings/diagnosis, and instituting management/treatment plan for clients.
- Obtain patients’ vital signs and specimens for diagnostic testing by means of venipuncture of skin in accord with standardized protocols and procedures.
- Assist in providing patient referrals and maintaining a logbook.
- Review charts for completion of necessary forms and directives.
- Orders and reviews diagnostic tests as indicated by client histories and/or assessments.
- Provides information and education related to client care and treatment, as indicated.
- Seeks consultation and/or plans proper referral, as indicated.
- Order educational material, all necessary forms, medical and office supplies as needed.
- Assist the medical staff during the exam.
- Identifies problems areas in clinic flows, training needs, and lack of cooperation and communicates them to the Clinical Supervisor or Program Manager.
- Collect and input data for reporting purposes.
- Assist in billing.
- Provide services at two clinic sites.
- Maintains current knowledge by participation in training sessions, symposiums, didactic courses, etc.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant program in the state of California.
- Current California Physician Assistant License
- CPR Certificate. Training may be provided.
- Phlebotomy certificate.
- Two years medical office/clinic experience.
- Ability to travel from site to site as needed.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 540
Fax Number (323) 215-0170