Job Code: 541
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: The position is responsible for medical management of assigned caseload of patients. The position collaborates with the Chief Medical Director as described in the established protocol. Has operational responsibility on primary care team. Position reports to physician team leader responsible for primary care teams. The physician specialist will have a nurse assist in patient case management.
- Provides medical care to indigent primary care patients.
- Provides consultation to the nurses and clinical staff.
- Consults with medical director regarding work performance of nurse practitioners and nurses.
- Consults training or assist in training of medical students, interns, residents, nurse practitioners and other related health professionals.
- Coordinates medical care of assigned patients.
- Consults with other staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding medical management of patients and quality of medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Confers with medical director on management issues.
- Confers on the planning and direction of the primary care team as it relates to the physician’s specialty.
- Participates in medical and services utilization audits, peer review and quality assurance activities.
- Current California Physician & Surgeon License.
- Current DEA Certificate.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Ability to travel from site to site as needed.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 541
Fax Number (323) 215-0170