Job Code: 544
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Program Director, and in compliance with the program’s protocols, the Community Outreach Worker II is responsible for outreach and participating as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing primary care medical services on a mobile medical unit as well as linkages to our primary care sites in the East Hollywood and Downtown Skid Row area of Los Angeles. The COW II will be engaging with and developing relationships with at risk for and/or homeless individuals with a variety of needs, including but not limited, to chronic health conditions, substance use and abuse, behavioral health issues and other social service referrals and linkages.
- Develops and implements outreach strategies for working with and developing relationship with homeless individuals.
- Conducts street outreach and engages with individuals to inform them of our program and services and encourage participation.
- Provides a warm hand off to the Street Medicine Team Provider either on the unit or at one of the clinic settings.
- Maintains and records all outreach activities.
- Assists with clerical duties such as intake and assessment, making appointments.
- Participates actively in team huddles and meetings.
- Assists in providing interested individuals access to a variety of services.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Drives the mobile unit to the community; maintains the vehicle (gas, routine inspections and maintenance).
- Experience in outreach activities.
- Ability to travel from site to site as needed.
- Works well within a team construct.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Reliability in performance of job duties; timely arrival at outreach sites/clinics.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.
- Ability to establish rapport with clients that expresses concern for their well being.
- Ability to follow complex instructions.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 544
Fax Number (323) 215-0170