Job Code: 546
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: Responsible for planning, coordinating, co-leading and monitoring all operational aspects of the behavioral health and intensive case management services (ICMS) of Wesley Health Center’s Enhanced Services Program located within the Weingart Center on Skid Row. JWCH Institute, a Federally Qualified Health Center, is the largest non-government provider of homeless health and supportive services in Los Angeles County. The Enhanced Services Program is a 50 bed program that provides primary care, intensive case management and supportive service to clients who are chronically homeless and have behavioral health diagnoses, through a new and unique partnership with the County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services, Housing for Health Division, (H4H). The Assistant Program Director will administratively oversee the behavioral health and case management operations in conjunction with the Program Director and the interdisciplinary Care Team including primary care providers, nursing, LCSWs, case managers, peer advocates and CNAs. Additionally, this position will provide training and support to various staff, as well as guide the ICMS and LCSW teams in creating suitable interventions to help clients learn to live independently in future permanent housing.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Provide overall direction and guidance to behavioral health, case management and support staff.
- Supervise LCSWs and Case Managers, on-site.
- Communicate programmatic objectives to multidisciplinary staff.
- Train and support LCSW and ICMS staff in implementing interventions and treatment plans for clients.
- Assist Program Director and staff with the implementation of program goals, policies, procedures, and reporting tools through effective use of performance metrics and financial results.
- Promote a team approach to delivering high quality, cost-efficient care and case management services where patient satisfaction, improved health outcomes and housing placement are the primary goals.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, work to enhance provider efficiency and, when necessary, assist in resolving program-related issues.
- Participate in periodic coordination meetings with Weingart Center and H4H staff.
- Support the Program Director in ensuring the clinic, offices and site maintains a professional facility appearance.
- Enhance program visibility through community involvement by participating in service and professional organizations, as opportunities arise.
- Actively participate on organizational and ad-hoc committees, as needed.
- As needed, assist Program Director with reports on operational issues, organizational opportunities and/or programmatic goals.
- As an Assistant Director of a satellite clinic, participate in patient satisfaction/process improvement meetings with Program Director, other clinic administrators and Executive leadership, as needed.
- Assist Program Director in monitoring patient/client satisfaction through various programs such as the formal complaint process, patient survey, etc. and respond according the internal policies and procedures, IPA Grievance procedures and County funded program grievance processes.
- Ensure quality measures, regulatory standards and customer service standards are met.
- Ensure all PHI information is maintained in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Ensure program delivers all required services and meets outcome measures established by the Department of Health Services.
- Hire appropriate staff in collaboration with designated partners and perform staff evaluations, schedule annual health clearances and annual clinical competency assessment.
- Review, correct and approve timesheets for LCSWs and Case Managers by assigned due date.
- Complete check reimbursements forms, as needed, and route to supervisor for review and approval.
- Arrange and facilitate monthly staff meetings to educate and train staff and to improve operational efficiencies, in collaboration with Program Director.
- Complete corrective action plans, if any, post internal/external audits.
- Masters in Social Work preferred
- Experience /knowledge in human, social, and/or behavioral health services, especially for homeless and/or low-income underserved individuals
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of trauma on behavioral and medical conditions
- Experience working with clients or patients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Bilingual/Bi-cultural (Spanish/English) preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 546
Fax Number (323) 215-0170