Job Code: 556
Reports To: Behavioral Health Program Director / Designee
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Exempt.
Position Purpose: The Behavioral Health Manager is responsible for increasing access and productivity with all behavioral health programs working in collaboration with all clinics and other medical programs. The position upholds the JWCH mission to improve the health status and well-being of under-served segments of the population of Los Angeles County through the direct provision or coordination of health care, health education, services, and research. This includes interviewing, treating, coordinating, planning, and linkage to a full-range of resources that meet practical, social, and emotional needs, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team and community-based programs. As a result, patient outcomes and satisfaction are improved, along with organizational fiscal capacity.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Increase productivity and linkages across the agency with all behavioral health programs
- Increase patient care with behavioral health and medical health services
- Develop strategies to increase primary care staff’s understanding of integrated behavioral and primary care services
- Clear understanding of DMH, DMC and FQHC programs
- Providing oversight and clinical supervision for identified staff
- Develop training procedures for new hires and current clinicians
- Design and conduct trainings for new and established clinicians on protocols for program compliance (documentation, procedures)
- Attend and represent the agency at outside meetings to keep aware of new bulletins and distributing information to Leads/Programs
- Assist in internal compliance meetings
- Assist in developing Quality Assurance protocols
- Meet with clinic administrators and primary care providers to increase access to all behavioral health programs.
- Provide and/or arrange ongoing Professional Development for clinicians and other providers
- Utilizing LEAN or PDSA quarterly for improvement of services
- Review clinical documentation (assessments, treatment plans and intake forms for medical) for compliance weekly, and establish peer review; and monthly audits
- Review and analysis electronic health recording reports to ensure compliance
- Creating materials to review and complete documentation (worksheets, training packets, intake packets, checklists, spreadsheets for continuous review of information/charts, assessment tools)
- Oversee all charting as required by funding sources, including assessments, progress notes, care plans, and billing documentation
- Oversight of conducting functional and strength-based assessment along with comprehensive diagnosis for mental health, substance abuse, trauma, and psychosocial needs
- As needed, developing patient care plans that are coordinated and integrated with a comprehensive range of medical and psychosocial services to address social, emotional, and practical needs
- Oversight of clinicians psychotherapy, counseling, and psycho-education utilizing individual, family, and group modalities using evidence-based interventions for patients
- Complete data collection forms and prepare reports as required by the program.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in social work, social welfare, psychology, marriage, family and child counseling, and or marriage and family therapy from an accredited college or university.
- MFT / LCSW with current California BBS license for 2 years
- Administrative experience with coordinating care across multiple programs, for 2 or more years
- Experience overseeing multiple contracts (DMH, DMC, Federal) contracts for 2 or more years.
- Experience supervising clinical staff and interns for 2 or more years
- Experience with quality assurance and contract compliance for 2 or more years
- Experience working with low income and/or homeless individuals
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of trauma and substance abuse on behavioral and medical conditions
- Knowledgeable of evidence-based treatments (DBT, CBT, Seeking Safety, Motivational Interviewing)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 556
Fax Number (323) 215-0170