Job Code: 558
Program/Department: Human Resources Department
Reports To: Human Resources Director
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week) Non-exempt.
Position Purpose: The Human Resources assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources Assistant helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resource staff.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Participates in recruitment efforts.
- Posts job ads and organizing resumes and job applications.
- Schedules job interviews and assists in the interview process.
- Prepares candidates offer letters and tracks responses.
- Ensures background and reference checks are completed.
- Ensures candidates complete required health assessment.
- Prepares paperwork required for new hires and establishes personnel file.
- Oversees the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Conducts benefit enrollment process.
- Serves as a point person for all new employee questions.
- Maintains current HR files and databases.
- Updates and maintains employee benefits, employment status, employee retirement plan and similar records.
- Performs file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Answers employee questions.
- Processes incoming mail.
- Creates and distributes confidential personnel documents.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Performs other duties, as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human resources filed or relevant experience.
- Experience coordinating personnel functions.
- Experience handling and maintaining the security of confidential documents.
- General knowledge of California labor law.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with persons from a wide diversity of social, ethnic and economic background.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols.
- Must be able to travel to different sites.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 558
Fax Number (323) 215-0170