Job Code: 559
Program/Department: Behavioral Health
Reports To: Chief Deputy Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Exempt.
Position Purpose: The Director of Behavior Health – Mental Health Services will direct the development, operations and clinical oversight of all JWCH Institute mental health programs funded under county contract, and will also ensure clinical and programmatic oversight for all JWCH Institute outpatient mental health programs.
The position will ensure direct clinical and administrative supervision are provided for behavioral health staff, and that staff effectively meet the social and emotional needs of JWCH patients as well as the administrative and reporting requirements of funding sources. Works with multidisciplinary teams to link patients to a full range of medical and support services in support of comprehensive, holistic health and well-being. The position may also provide psychotherapy or counseling to patients as well as program development and grant writing.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Develops and over sees operations of outpatient mental health services and other special programs assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or designee.
- Is a member of JWCH Management team.
- Hires, supervises, and trains LCSW, MSW, Case Manager and other positions while overseeing all outpatient mental health services, including clinical, outreach, administrative, fiscal, and compliance functions.
- Assesses patient population needs. Then develops and implements programs including clinical, financial, administrative, and compliance components.
- Ensures contract compliance with DMH Medi-Cal, MHSA and other requirements; SAMHSA program and other federal, state and local grants.
- Ensures patient files and cases are managed in accordance with contract and Med-Cal requirements.
- Supervises program QA staff. Facilitates case conferences on a monthly basis to ensure patient files and cases are managed in accordance with contract, program, and Medi-Cal requirements.
- Review/revise mental health components of JWCH Continuous Quality Improvement Plan (CQI) on an annual basis, implements CQI monitoring and meetings according to CQI Plan.
- Represents JWCH and the behavioral health services at required meetings.
- Coordinates and plans programs and activities to meet the social and emotional needs of JWCH patients.
- As needed conducts psychotherapeutic treatment with patients, including intake, comprehensive assessment of client’s available resources and needs, ongoing psychotherapy/counseling, and develop/review an individual-based treatment plan.
- Supports client involvement in planning, implementing, and evaluating the program.
- Works with a multidisciplinary team to ensure that JWCH patients are linked to a full range of medical and support services to ensure maintenance of comprehensive holistic health and well-being.
- Oversees an active on-call after-hours emergency system to address the needs of patients in crisis, and works actively with the providers, LCSW, MSW, and Case Managers to best assist patients who may need to access behavioral health services for medical or psychiatric reasons.
- Completes or cause to be completed data collection forms and prepare reports as required by the program.
- Utilizes data and outcome evaluation information for program development and quality improvement activities, including PDSA, Lean or similar systematic process improvement tools.
- Maintains quality assurance standards of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Clinic Social Work required.
- Master’s degree in social work, social welfare, psychology, marriage, family and child counseling, and/or marriage and family therapy from an accredited college or university.
- At least five years of supervision experience required, LA County DMH contract program experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in behavioral health setting working with low income and/or homeless individuals.
- Knowledge of evidence-based therapeutic interventions, co-occurring disorders, and trauma interventions
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability preferred.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 559