Job Code: 562
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Exempt.
Position Description: The Senior Grant Writer is responsible for oversight of all grants management activities including compiling of proposals, ensuring re-solicitations and continuation applications, grant writing to corporate, foundation and government agencies. Senior Grant Writer, in concert with executive staff, directors and program managers oversees the agency’s compliance with public and foundation contracts held. The position is charged with assisting in securing and maintaining government and foundation funds for the maintenance and expansion of JWCH Institute programs in accord with agency goals and priorities.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Researches, organizes, writes, and reviews government and private foundation proposals, bid application and letters of intent and other related duties.
- In concert with executive staff, directors and managers, develops a grants solicitation plan annually and updates plan as necessary.
- Contracts continuation applications through the development and implementation of a process for developing and or revising scopes of work, budgets and program objectives to secure contract continuation without gaps in programs.
- Contract compliance and file maintenance including an ongoing update of all grants and compliance needs, schedules for re-applications and reporting.
- Monitors grant proposals; prepares follow-up reports, as required by grantors.
- Interacts with funding entities so as to ensure timeliness of contract documents submission, in concert with program managers.
- Supports all JWCH’s fundraising efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and External Affairs.
- Proven experience writing of governmental and non-governmental funding sources.
- Proven experience and skill in proposal development.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write for multiple audiences.
- Ability to persuasively convey the mission of JWCH to diverse groups including donors, foundations, and corporate funders.
- Ability to organize workload and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decision based on analysis, experience and judgment.
- Computer literate.
- Bachelors Degree in health related field.
- Masters degree (Preferred).
- Federal government grant writing (Preferred).
*This position requires applicants be able to work evenings, over night and weekend hours.
To apply, please fax or email resume or list of qualifications including the job code number to:
JWCH Institute, Inc.
5650 Jillson St.
Commerce, CA 90040
Attn: Human Resources Department
Job Code: 562