Job Code: 577
Location: Antelope Valley
Program/Department: Primary Care Clinics
Reports To: Clinic Administrator/Designee
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Clinic Administrator, the clerk is responsible for financial screening of all clients for state certification of eligibility, reception area duties, responding to client questions/providing directions to clients, as assigned.
- Makes appointments on the phone or in person.
- Screens all clinic clients for eligibility.
- Review medical charts for eligibility or re-certification.
- Ensures that all patients have clinic ID card, HAP or Medi-Cal card and have signed a current General Consent Form.
- Logs patient names on daily register and disposition on log sheet.
- Fills out designated information on various forms such as Encounter Form and Sterilization Billing Reports Forms in accord with requirements.
- Ensures patient clinic/cards are stamped on all the appropriate sheets/forms.
- Fills out designated information on Certification Information Form.
- Ensures that Medi-Cal card is photo copied and receipt attached to Encounter Form.
- Clears charts and files forms, as appropriate.
- Contacts Medical Records Department and/or pulls and files charts as necessary.
- Assists other clerical staff in clearing charts and answering phones for clinic.
- Fills out Chart Request List for obtaining records from Medical Records, as assigned.
- Performs clerical duties as needed.
- Registers clients electronically using e-healthcare System.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- One year’s experience working in a general office environment or medical facility.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Must have knowledge of Eligibility Screening and LA County information system.
- Typing skills at 35 words/minute.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to travel from site to site.