Job Code: 570
Location: Antelope Valley
Program/Department: Call Center
Reports To: Program Manager/Designee
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Purpose: The customer care representative pre-registers patient, schedules appointments, calls patients to remind them of appointments and refers callers, as appropriate, to outside agencies.
- Answers the JWCH appointment line in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.
- Obtains/verifies basic patient demographic information.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Adheres to strict standards regarding client confidentiality, informed consent, and disclosure as required by law and agency policy.
- Always presents a positive and professional demeanor.
- Maintains an organized and clean work area.
- Assembles and mails information to patients.
- Calls patients to remind them of their appointment.
- Consistently is on time and ready to begin work at the start of the workday.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in community health care setting preferred.
- Experience in a call center or a front office setting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Experience with window-based computer program.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities within JWCH’s established guidelines in an organized, efficient manner.
- Very strong verbal communication skills.
- Pleasant voice manners.
- Ability to relate and communicate well with a diverse patient population.
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Types at least 40 wpm.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), bicultural required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Extensive sitting.
- Extensive typing on the keyboard.
- Constant interactions on the phone.
- Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing to within normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions.